Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Of Course I Was Scared


Yeah, I was scared, but I tried to suppress the fear. No use in using up my oxygen by getting all worked up, I'd just end up suffocating faster. Suffocate like that boy in the paper who was playing hide-and-seek and got stuck in that freezer chest. The article had a quote from one of the paramedics saying that they could have saved him if he had calmed down. They just needed a little more time. I won't let my breath quicken. I'll give them that time.

If they'd only find me quicker. I'd tried shouting before I became light-headed. From watching all those crime scene shows, I knew that sometimes the police don't find you in time. But sometimes they'll be heroic and come at the last second. I hope my life is like a TV show. Maybe they'll be heroic for me.

I mean, today's been a pretty TV show-esque day. First a murder, then a kidnapping, and now I'm trapped in a refrigerator awaiting my rescue, or death. I'm hoping for the former. It's funny how you watch these TV shows and hear these stories on the news but never once does it cross your mind that you could one day be stuck in a refrigerator slowly suffocating as well.

If I survive, I think the first thing I'll do is get a nice big cup of hot chocolate. After the police finish with me, of course. I'll sit in my flat with my flat mate, Phil, and drink hot chocolate. Yeah that's what I'll do. I may even get a week off from work. I'll say I'm in shock. Maybe I am in shock. Can you tell if you're in shock? I doubt June will let me go back to work anyway. That would be nice. If only the police would come and save me.

My hair sticks to my face. It's all humid in here and when I put my hand on the sides of the walls, I can feel the condensation. Maybe I should try to sleep so I can preserve some air, give me a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment